The effects Of Liberty Caps Mushrooms
The psychoactive ingredient of these mushrooms is called Psilocybin and is also found in a number of different species of fungi. This ingredient is what causes the hallucinations and occasionally causes alarming symptoms including vomiting, stomach pains and anxiety attacks, Liberty Caps Mushrooms are probably best treated with caution. It takes .2 to .5 grams of dried magic mushrooms to begin to feel the effects of the psilocybin. Height, weight and metabolism affect
How a person may feel when ingesting magic mushrooms.
- Euphoria and feelings of unity with everything around them
- Exceedingly peaceful mentality
- Spiritual awakening and transcendence
- Rapid mood changes or swings
- A growing feeling of detachment to the current reality, or feeling as if it is not fully real, also known as derealization
- Feeling a sense of connection, but disengagement, from the objects and people that surround the user, this is also known as depersonalization
- Distorted or irregular thought patterns
- Distorted, altered, or enhanced visualizations, such as extremely vivid colors, and halos of light around people or things
Alongside potential addiction and drastic changes in behaviour there are some physical effects of Liberty Caps Mushrooms that can be dangerous.
It can make you feel:
- like vomiting
They can cause extreme stomach pain and diarrhea, they raise your blood pressure and heart rate and can potentially cause seizures in individuals.
There is currently a lot of research being done into the positive effects of Liberty Caps Mushrooms and psychedelics on mental health and illnesses like depression. The psilocybin seems to “re-order” the way our brain approaches problems and allows people to get to the root cause of the problem and then help to reduce the symptoms of depression.
In a recent study at Imperial college London. 59 people took part in a trial comparing Liberty Caps Mushrooms to conventional antidepressants and they found that those taking the magic mushrooms were significantly more affected than those who took the “conventional” antidepressants. In that their mood increased and they were more able to deal with the root causes of their issues ( during these trials the participants were given therapy alongside the compounds being tested) Nevertheless great care needs to be taken with this mushroom as it is still illegal to pick and possess them as well as their potentially dangerous side effects on your body.
There is a great deal of research left to be done into them, for example their long term effects and whether there is any toxicity built up over time. For further research I would look to the internet and to official studies over the coming years to see what should be done with the legality and availability but for now as i mentioned at the beginning Magic mushrooms are illegal.
There are no reviews yet.